Government Grants Associate – Innovations & Incentives Team
Job no: 493008
Work type: Full time
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
We have delivered outstanding and responsive support to our clients and people during this unprecedented time and are proud of how we have been able to adapt and work effectively. We work hard to ensure our people are connected and heard.
About the role
Accessing the latest technologies and capital equipment is critical to business growth and export competitiveness – but it can be costly. Australian State and Federal Governments want Australian businesses to innovate, grow and increase export activity, and offer support through a wide range of grant and incentive programs. Our specialist Innovation Incentives team help our clients access the funding they need to achieve their strategic growth ambitions. We are looking for an Innovations & Incentives Associate to join our Melbourne Team.
This opportunity will allow you to join a supportive team of experts who are committed to the highest standards of technical expertise. The team will support you in gaining a wide range of advisory exposure including:
- Technical writing: using your well-developed communication skills to articulate business strategy in terms of its positive impact to Australia's economy and innovation landscape.
- Commercial problem solving: solving business problems through analysis, critical thinking and logical reasoning.
- Business analysis: understanding businesses from multiple perspectives using operating models, commercial strategy and understanding of their external operating environments (business/political).
- Data analysis: using client data to develop budgets, financial modelling, costings and reporting.
- Information presentation: communicating to clients, internal stakeholders and Government to support and influence decision-making.
Work within a collaborative team helping our diverse, manufacturing focused, national client base solve problems, make the most of opportunities and strengthen their executable strategy.
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to elicit information through consultation with client stakeholders across various business functions and levels of the organisation.
- Robust written communication skills with the ability to gather, and analyse, information from a range of sources – synthesising it to present a compelling argument.
- Interest in a career of lifelong learning with a focus on developing knowledge and skills in the Innovation Incentives space.
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate outlook with a can do attitude.
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in providing quality service to clients.
- A relevant qualification.
- An understanding of Australia's key export sectors and markets, as well as an understanding of Australia's manufacturing/innovation landscape would be an advantage but is not essential
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership to keep you flexible, fit, and healthy
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Leading market parental leave initiative and early access to long service leave
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend