Associate/ Senior Associate Forensics
Job no: 493001
Work type: Full time
About the company
At Grant Thornton we recognise, appreciate and harness our people’s individual skills and talents. This helps us create a strong and dynamic organisation where we foster innovation, curiosity and diversity of thought.
We celebrate the breadth of our people’s experiences and perspectives, their passion and their differences. We value collaboration and diversity of thought because it stimulates creativity and leads to better outcomes for our clients, our communities and ourselves.
Our people promise is designed to motivate and inspire our people and to help them to continue to grow throughout their career with Grant Thornton.
About the role:
As a Forensic Accounting professional in our Financial Advisory Service Line, you will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst applying your accounting experience across a broad range of forensic consulting engagements with a dispute advisory and contentious valuation focus.
This opportunity is based in Sydney and will allow you to join a well-established and supportive team of experts who will assist and motivate you to gain a wide range of exposure to forensic work.
- Apply critical thinking and analysis skills to identify key issues with financial and non-financial information and report on these within a variety of dispute advisory projects.
- Assist with the quantification, analysis and modelling of financial and non-financial information to assess economic loss.
- Conduct research and analysis of a variety of business, industry and economic data/information.
- Work in the construction of valuations for a range of businesses within a litigation or contentious context.
- Assist in the planning and management of projects and cases.
- Be part of a National Forensic Consulting Team, contributing locally and nationally with business development initiatives and team events.
- Be able to actively liaise with clients and referrers on a day to day basis.
- Have the opportunity to manage matters under direct Partner guidance
- Be provided with autonomy to manage your projects and completion of deliverables to deadlines.
We offer a defined career path and extensive support, both within the team and within the broader firm environment. The Forensic team has a fluid approach to work often offering expertise on projects nationally in Australia. This creates great visibility and opportunity to progress within this growing service line and the broader firm.
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and most importantly you will bring the right attitude to learn. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 1 years experience working in public practice accounting, ideally with experience in private advisory/business services or audit. Exposure to some forensic work is great, but certainly not essential.
- A genuine interest in forensic accounting with a desire to build a successful career.
- Good attention to detail with strong analytical skills and the ability to think laterally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly with explaining technical concepts in plain english.
- Continuing interest in developing and maintaining knowledge and understanding of current and evolving economic, business and industry issues.
- An ability to work with changing and competing priorities to meet deadlines, sometimes under tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using excel
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership
- Early access to Long Service Leave (first corporate in Australia to introduce this)
- Flex-appeal – all of our people can work flexibly, we mean it!
- CA support
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend