Job no: 492811
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology, Tax
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
We are looking for a highly-motivated and competent data analytics associate or senior associate to drive innovation and data solutions within Grant Thornton’s Tax department. This position will be offered on a 6 month fixed term contract.
As a member of a specialised team, you will have a unique opportunity to develop tools that help improve and optimize tax processes for our clients and Grant Thornton tax teams. Furthermore, you will work closely with other service lines to provide data assurance and deliver meaningful results to complex Client business problems and strategic firm-supported campaigns.
We are looking for someone who is creative, strong analytically and with excellent problem-solving skills to enhance our existing analytical capabilities.
- Working closely with an experienced Director, you will be responsible for data extraction, manipulation and transformation, data integrity and accuracy of business rules, and reporting as it relates to existing Client engagements.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication with various project stakeholders – including, internal teams and external clients
- Collaborate with various business units in organisation to facilitate implementation of new or improved reporting processes and functions
- Creating valuable solutions for GT clients, through the development of automated solutions, optimising processes, and executive dashboards that will support clients understanding of the key-drivers for their current and future success and solving the strategic and operational problems.
- Work with end users to gather and define business requirements and assisting management to follow through on development tasks and aligning them with client requirements
- Ability to support business opportunities in advanced analytics
Skills and experience
- Prior work experience in executing data transformation and standardization and joining various data sources to gain critical insights
- University degree (preferred Business Analytics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, or related)
- Must hold Alteryx Certification (in either Designer Core or Designer Advanced)
- Excellent proficiency of MS Power BI (including DAX ) and Tableau visualisation tool
- Advanced Excel and/or Microsoft Access skills
- Willingness to learn new tools and software solutions
- MUST hold valid work visa to cover duration of the contract (which we check)
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
As we have an internal talent acquisition team, we politely request no recruitment agencies please.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend