Job no: 492701
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
Grant Thornton is a global accounting firm focusing on the mid-sized business, with 6 offices in Australia. Our people are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment.. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work and blended learning environment.
We are proud to recognise our achievements in supporting a diverse people community.
About the role
As a Manager in our Brisbane Audit & Assurance team your impact will be seen by:
- Establishing audit objectives and managing a team of auditors to complete an effective audit process;
- Research, identifying and report on client financial risks with regard to external financial reporting requirements;
- Executing and delivering on a variety of external audit client engagements in an effective and methodical manner;
- Preparing high-quality audit reports and related documentation;
- Managing and mentoring team members on each project engagement team to continually develop the team’s skills and experience;
- Building successful client relationships with a positive “can do” attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities;
- Working closely with internal teams, as well as clients to identify business development opportunities that will add value to our client’s business.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4+ years’ audit experience ideally from a mid-tier or Big 4 professional services firm;
- Must be CA/CPA qualified or similar relevant overseas qualification;
- Excellent client development skills who can identify opportunities in our client’s business;
- Experience in leading a team of auditors and dealing directly with company owners / CEOs / CFOs;
- Strong project management skills – ability to manage competing priorities at the one time and delivery engagements in a timely manner;
- Has a knack for problem solving and using your analytical skills to provide an effective solution for our client and prevent risk;
- Collaborative and consultative approach with working with diverse stakeholders from Associates up to Partners;
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, Australian Auditing Standards, ASX Listing Rules and Corporation Act requirements would be advantageous;
- Experience using Voyager Audit software would be a distinct advantage.;
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
Strong career development will be provided to the successful candidate as well as opportunities to progress within the firm.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
The minimum salary for this role is $95,000 per annum inclusive of superannuation pending demonstrated relevant experience.
If you’d like to know more or arrange a private and confidential discussion about this role, click Apply Now.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team onGTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend