Audit Accountant / Senior Accountant
Job no: 492631
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
At Grant Thornton, our audit process is more than a compliance measure. At the heart of our approach is the belief that our robust, independent audits deliver actionable insights and add substantial value for our clients. We are fiercely independent.
About the role
In this role, you will use Grant Thornton’s proprietary global audit methodology, the latest technology to drive an efficient and effective audit process which will enable you to gain a wide range of assurance exposure including:
- Independent statutory audit of the financial reports of a wide variety of entities including public listed and unlisted companies, proprietary companies, incorporated associations and other not-for-profit entities and government bodies
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers
- Research of difficult technical issues and application of issues to clients’ circumstances
- Liaison with our Tax Consulting division regarding more audit related tax issues
- Telephone and face-to-face contact with clients
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in Audit & Assurance
- Financial services client, specifically banking or credit union, experience is essential
- CA/CPA or other relevant overseas qualification, or studying towards
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of IFRS
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- The annual salary range for this role will be $60,000 to $80,000 inclusive of superannuation, commensurate with experience.
- Free annual gym membership
- CA study support
- Regular social events
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend