As a new graduate, we aim to provide you more than just your ‘traditional’ graduate program; instead we kick start your career as an Associate and support you to turn theory into practice.
You’ll receive on-the-job learning, as well as technical and professional skill development through our structured learning programs, by working with our leaders and being involved in client work right from the beginning.
We don’t work in silos – meaning you’ll get exposure to clients across a broad range of industries. It also means that cross-team and cross-office collaboration is just part of what we do, giving you the opportunity to develop a breadth skills and knowledge, and work with leading minds across the whole Grant Thornton network.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for well-rounded candidates who connect with our clients, our purpose and our culture and want to make an impact right from the start.
In addition to studying towards a relevant qualification, we’re looking for people who are curious, ambitious and who value the things we value:
- We empower our people to make a difference. We want our people to think for themselves, to speak up, and to actively shape our firm’s culture and future.
- We genuinely care about our clients. As part of our work, we discover what’s important to them and enjoy helping them succeed.
- We want our people to bring their whole selves to work. Individuality and authenticity are very important to our firm.
- We highly value collaboration. We believe that it’s energising and stimulating to collaborate – to learn from and be inspired by others. We believe that diverse teams will always outperform the individual
What does our Audit & Assurance service line do?
Auditors perform the valuable role of being a trusted intermediary between the providers of business information and the users of that information. As a graduate, you will get to know your client’s business and be involved with assessing the processes and controls used to produce the financial statement. You will learn and understand business drivers, associated risks and their potential effect on financial statement accounts.
Grant Thornton - Audit Virtual Experience will give you the opportunity to undertake a variety of tasks across the end-to-end audit cycle.
We have opportunities to work in our General Audit & Assurance team who service clients across a variety of different industries as well as opportunities specializing in Financial Services (banking, insurance, funds management and private equity).
As part of the application process, you will be asked to nominate your preference. Regardless of the stream that you select, no two days are the same and you will be given the guidance and tools to support our teams and industry clients while building on a range of diverse skills.
To be eligible for an Audit & Assurance Graduate opportunity, you must be:
- in your final calendar year of study, or have completed a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last 2 years; and
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident
- CA eligible
Applications close at 11.55pm AEST Friday, 8 October 2021. Positions are limited so apply early to avoid disappointment.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to assist you throughout the recruitment process, please contact Angela Tiet, Graduate Recruitment Business Partner on 03 8663 6584 or at GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com to discuss your application and your individual needs.