PA/Team Assistant - 6 month contract
Job no: 493015
Work type: Contract, Full time
Categories: Private Advisory/Business Services
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
We have delivered outstanding and responsive support to our clients and people during this unprecedented time and are proud of how we have been able to adapt and work effectively. We work hard to ensure our people are connected and heard.
About the role
Working as part of our busy Private Business Tax & Advisory team you will support 2 Partners who will value your strong personal assistant skill set. Your ability to prioritise, show initiative and manage a diverse range of tasks is something you thrive on. You like to be a step ahead and bring drive and energy to your role.
You will utilise your 3-4 years minimum experience, ideally gained within a Financial Services or Tax and Accounting Services environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Phone and email client correspondence;
- Diary management / meetings for both staff and clients – arranging client meetings, accepting, declining and rescheduling of meetings, catering and room bookings. Liaising with clients including set up and organisation of 6 box and owners room strategy meetings;
- Preparation of client correspondence including but not limited to Quarterly PAYG Instalment Notices, Notices of Assessment, Statement of Accounts;
- On boarding process for new clients – preparing Engagement Letters, inputting data for international and domestic conflict checks and ensuring entities are set up in system;
- Formatting of documents and preparing letters in line with GT brand guidelines and adding signatures;
- Support various internal committees including but not limited to meeting coordination, agenda preparation and meeting minutes
- Debtors/Fees – prepare emails and send to clients to follow up outstanding debts, Run WIP reports and supply listing summaries to Partners / Managers;
- Database and system management – update ATO portal, Salesforce, MYOB;
- Assisting with lodgement of Income Tax Returns, Activity Statements and FBT returns;
- Travel booking and management;
- Event management;
- Expense management via Concur; and
- Assisting Partners with Business Development including LinkedIn support;
- General administrative tasks as required;
Skills and experience
You will be responsive, organised and keen to make a contribution. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Ownership and Accountability
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A resilient and can-do attitude
- Salesforce experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of MYOB software, ATO portal will be advantageous
- Tax and Accounting Services experience is highly regarded
Culture & Benefits
At Grant Thornton Melbourne we operate in a flexible and agile environment and have a strong leadership culture that encourages our people to be authentic and consider how we can work effectively to enable strong personal growth and professional development. Our clients and our people are our focus and we work hard to ensure our people have the necessary tools , opportunities for growth and technical knowledge to truly make a difference and respond to our client’s needs.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free gym membership
- Regular social events
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend