Transaction Advisory Manager
Job no: 493005
Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate Finance
About the company
Grant Thornton Australia has more than 1,300 people working in offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. We combine service breadth, depth of expertise and industry insight with an approachable “client first” mind-set and a broad commercial perspective.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join our Transaction Advisory Services team in Sydney. Transaction Advisory Services forms part of the broader Corporate Finance team dedicated to M&A, Valuations, Transactions and Financial Modelling. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing all phases of financial due diligence on M&A transactions and Investigating Accountant engagements on stock exchange listings across a mixture of industries.
About the role
- Manage the performance of (buy-side and sell-side) due diligence on M&A transactions, IPO assignments (as Investigating Accountants) and other ad hoc advisory projects as required for private equity and corporate clients
- Plan assignments, including identifying engagement risk, and in that environment, determining the appropriate strategy in conjunction with the Partners
- Review and interpret financial statements and other financial data
- Prepare and review detailed financial analysis to illustrate key business drivers and performance indicators
- Lead question & answer sessions with target businesses and their advisors
- Draft comprehensive and succinct due diligence reports, including executive summaries
- Ensure time and budgetary constraints are met
- Coach more team members to enable them to develop their careers
Skills and experience
- University degree
- CA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Minimum circa 5 years’ experience, preferable part of which in Transaction Advisory Services
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Strong analytical skills, with a high attention to detail to identify and address issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and lead a team
- Strong Excel skillset and competent in PowerPoint
- Proven problem-solving and logical reasoning skills
- A high degree of commercial awareness and professional judgement;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines and budgets
- A broad cross section of industry experience
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership to keep you flexible, fit, and healthy
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Leading market parental leave initiative and early access to long service leave
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
The minimum salary for this position is $105,000 FTE inclusive of superannuation.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend