Job no: 493004
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
At Grant Thornton, our audit process is more than a compliance measure. At the heart of our approach is the belief that our robust, independent audits deliver actionable insights and add substantial value for our clients.
We are looking for an Audit & Assurance Manager to join us in our Sydney office. In this role, you will use Grant Thornton’s proprietary global audit methodology, the latest technology to drive an efficient and effective audit process which will enable you to gain a wide range of assurance exposure including:
- Independent statutory audit of the financial reports of a wide variety of entities including public listed and unlisted companies, proprietary companies, incorporated associations and other not-for-profit entities and government bodies
- Establish audit objectives and manage a team of auditors to complete an effective audit process
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers
- Identifying and reporting on client financial risks
- Analysing clients’ financial statements and ensure they adhere to statutory requirements
- Research of difficult technical issues and application of issues to clients’ circumstances
- Liaison across all divisions of the firm regarding audit related issues and identifying opportunities to cross-sell
- Communication with clients through various platforms
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 4+ years’ experience in Audit & Assurance
- CA/CPA Qualification or other relevant overseas qualification
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, Australian Auditing Standards, ASX Listing Rules and Corporation Act requirements would be ideal
Culture and Benefits
At Grant Thornton we operate in a flexible and agile environment and have a strong leadership culture that encourages our people to be authentic and consider how we can work effectively to enable strong personal growth and professional development.
Some of the benefits include:
- Salary range for this role is $100,000 to $130,000 per annum, inclusive of superannuation, commensurate with experience.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular social & networking events
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend