Manager - Technology Consulting
Job no: 492999
Work type: Full time
About Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We assist our clients to unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice.
Grant Thornton Australia has more than 1,300 people working in offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney – combining service breadth, depth of expertise and industry insight with an approachable “client first” mindset and a broad commercial perspective.
About The Role
We are looking for a Manager to join our Technology Consulting team in Sydney who will work closely with our clients to deliver a broad range of tailored solutions to support our clients identify opportunities, deliver results, minimise costs, manage risk, improve performance, and leverage both talent and technology.
Financial Services industry (banking, insurance and funds management) and complex supply chain exposure (retail, manufacturing and distribution) is mandatory.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and understanding client needs and opportunities to improve business processes and performance
- Actively engaging with clients, building rapport, providing guidance and developing trust to deliver successful project outcomes
- Presenting outcomes to clients and internal stakeholders, to influence decision-making and assisting in implementing approved recommendations
- Business performance measurement and reporting
- Data transformation and automation of reporting systems
- Business modelling and forecasting
- Sales and operating model review and validation through data analytics
- Technology M&A due diligence and integration planning
- Reviewing and assessing the suitability of software systems for fulfilling business needs
- Finance system migration and implementation projects
- Operating model review and cost out projects
- Product profitability analysis
Skills and Experience
This role will suit a results driven, team orientated professional with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Bachelor Degree essential, Masters degree would be advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consulting or business analysis , some of which is with a known consulting advisory practice, with heavy emphasis on business partnering.
- Experience with IT-driven projects
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of business financials and operations
- Ability to engage with clients and diverse stakeholder groups across all levels of a client’s business
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills is essential.
- Have a strong output focus with exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Advanced data analysis and transformation skills.
- A genuine desire to work with others in a dynamic consulting environment.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Strong English language ability required with strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead a high performing team
- A passion for providing exceptional service and delivery to clients
- Ability to articulate your understanding of major IT systems and their deployment across organisations
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
The minimum annual salary for this role will be $100,000 inclusive of superannuation, commensurate with experience
- Free annual gym membership.
- Blended model of continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally.
- Market-leading flexible working model.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying, please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com .
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend