National Technical Accounting Leader
Job no: 492988
Work type: Full time
Location: Australia wide, Brisbane
Categories: Audit and Assurance, Private Advisory/Business Services, Tax
About Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We assist our clients to unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice.
We are looking for a for a National Technical Accounting Leader to join our Private Business, Tax and Advisory Team (PA) who will provide technical accounting support to the PA team and their clients in the area of financial statements for private businesses.
Purpose of the role
- Identify training requirements and deliver training on accounting and financial reporting requirements and updates that are relevant to PA and our clients.
- Provide technical accounting support and advice on preparing GPFSs and SPFSs and other accounting matters.
- Develop procedures and processes to streamline the preparation of GPFSs and SPFSs and to ensure we meet the requirements of AAS and Corporations Act.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders within PA and our Assurance teams to deliver the above outcomes.
- Prepare newsletters and other collateral when required.
- Manage and build a team with the technical capability to assist with the key deliverables.
About the Role
As the National Technical Account Leader you could work from any of our national offices and will be responsible for working closely with the PA team and their clients to gain an in depth understanding of their business practices to facilitate the ongoing technical support require to prepare annual GPFSs. You will assist with the transitioning of clients in moving from SPFSs to GPFs including assessing whether corporate clients are classified as large proprietary limited companies, develop checklist, templates, work papers and other tools for the PA team and our clients in order to streamline the process of preparing of GPFSs. You will be required to identify gaps and develop necessary improvements, keep up-to-date with accounting changes, identifying those that are relevant for PA clients, and developing necessary training and other collateral.
Provide support and address day to day technical accounting issues and queries from PA team.
Skills and Experience
You will bring to the role;
- Chartered Accountant qualification or similar
- A minimum of 5 years experience within a technical accounting role (Audit, Financial Reporting Advisory or similar)
- Excellent accounting technical skills, knowledge of AAS and Corporations Act requirements including application in practice, and experience in preparing GPFSs
- Communication skills for interaction with diverse and senior stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
Experience in Accurri software preferred but not essential.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down-to-earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership.
- Flexible working arrangements and a market-leading flexible working model
- Blended model of continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally.
- Generous health and wellbeing program
- A down to earth culture in which you are valued and cared for
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying, please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend