Audit Manager/Senior Manager
Job no: 492976
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
At Grant Thornton our audit process is more than a compliance measure, it is a business improvement tool that identifies and resolves critical issues and adds value to our clients.
Joining the Perth Audit team will ensure you can bring your experience, knowledge and capacity to mentor and coach, to drive an efficient and effective audit process with a focus on mid size clients.
As a Manager in our Perth Audit & Assurance team you will be responsible for;
- Establishing audit objectives and managing a team of auditors to complete an effective audit process;
- Identifying and reporting on client financial risks with regard to external financial reporting requirements;
- Executing and delivering on a variety of external audit client engagements in an effective and methodical manner;
- Preparing high-quality audit reports and related documentation;
- Managing and mentoring team members on each project engagement team to continually develop the team’s skills and experience;
- Building successful client relationships with a positive “can do” attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities;
- Researching difficult audit technical issues and being a trusted advisor to our clients;
- Working closely with internal teams, as well as clients to identify business development opportunities that will add value to our client’s business.
Skills and experience
- Previous audit experience in a mid-tier or Big 4 professional services firm is preferable;
- Must be CA qualified or hold similar relevant overseas qualification;
- Experience in leading, motivating and empowering a team of auditors
- Strong communication and consultation skills enabling you to deal directly and effectively with company owners / CEOs / CFOs and other stakeholders;
- Strong project management skills – ability to manage competing priorities at the one time and deliver engagements in a timely manner;
- Problem solving and analytical skills to provide effective solutions for our clients and prevent risk;
- Collaborative and consultative approach to working with diverse internal stakeholders from Associates up to Partners;
- Excellent business development skills enabling you to build strong relationships and identify opportunities in our client’s business;
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, Australian Auditing Standards, ASX Listing Rules and Corporation Act requirements would be advantageous;
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- The salary range for this role is $100,000 to $150,000 per annum, inclusive of superannuation, commensurate with experience.
- Annual gym membership
- Regular social events
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend