Senior Manager Risk Consulting
Job no: 492962
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance, Consulting
About Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We assist our clients to unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice.
About the Role
Our Risk Consulting group has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Manager who can share our passion for our clients and culture.
The key responsibilities in this role will be;
- Leading effective internal audits on a range of clients, including preparing the internal audit plan, managing internal audits, and communicating with Board Audit Committees.
- Managing Internal Audit Quality Assurance reviews, and a variety of internal audit scopes.
- Leading Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) engagements, giving advice and practical solutions to enhance client’s anti money laundering and counter terrorism financing controls in line with the AML Act
- Identifying and reporting on client financial risks in relation to their internal financial systems and processes to ensure compliance with legislation
- Identifying potential areas requiring improvement in client business processes and providing recommendations
- Developing financial processes and policies that improve client compliance and operational outcomes
- Managing and mentoring team members on each project engagement team to continually develop the team’s skills and experience;
- Working closely with internal teams, as well as clients to identify business development opportunities that will add value to our client’s business.
- Assisting Partners with co-ordination of engagements, including preparation of scoping documents and setting meetings with stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- The role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Relevant bachelor degree such as Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Finance or similar
- Certified Anti-money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Minimum 10 years’ business risk, business process review or internal audit experience, ideally in a mid-tier or Big 4 professional services firm, providing services to a variety of industries including Consumer & Industrial Products, Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Not-for-profit.
- Experience in design and remediation of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing programs and experience in conducting transaction monitoring lookbacks.
- Proven experience in internal audit sales, networking and business development
- Proven experience in financial management of internal audit projects including budgeting, project metrics and billing responsibilities
- Management of co-sourced and outsourced internal audits, conducting Internal Audit Quality Assurance reviews, and designing and executing continuous controls monitoring projects.
- Strong communication and consultation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in leading and empowering a team
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Flexible work culture
- Free Annual gym membership
- Regular social activities
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend