Senior Manager - Valuations
Job no: 492961
Work type: Full time
Categories: Financial Advisory
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the Role
This opportunity will allow you to join a passionate, growing and supportive team of experts as a Senior Manager in the Corporate Finance team, specialising in valuations. You will be part of a team who will assist and motivate you to build on your expertise, including:
- Leading the preparation of high quality business valuation reports and advice for a range of purposes, including Independent Expert’s Reports (or Fairness Opinions), purchase price allocations and general business, equity and intangible asset valuations.
- Undertaking robust valuation assessments based on the full range of valuation methodologies, utilising best practice financial modelling
- Leading a team of professionals on client engagements from end to end, including coaching and developing team members on technical valuation matters.
- Oversee valuations research to offering value-added insight into comparable companies and transactions, industry trends and market conditions
- Building and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and clients
- Managing, coaching and mentoring team members
- Drive business development initiatives and participate in activities with a focus on growing the valuations practice.
Skills and experience
You’ll be passionate about valuations and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. This role would suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 5+ years business valuations experience ideally in an accounting, boutique valuations firm or corporate
- Bachelor degree, preferably with a major in accounting or finance or other relevant area
- MAppFin or CFA qualification would be highly regarded
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- Solid collaboration, communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to write commercially focused and insightful valuation reports
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Flexible work culture
- Free Annual gym membership
- Regular social activities
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend