Manager - Forensic Consulting
Job no: 492960
Work type: Full time
Categories: Financial Advisory, Forensics
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the Role
We are looking for a Manager to join our Forensic Consulting team in Melbourne. This role would suit someone looking to build on their existing skills and take their career to the next level. You will have the opportunity to apply your experience and expertise across a broad range of forensic engagements including business valuations, commercial loss and damage claims, insurance events and taxation disputes.
Highlights of our work in the last 12 months include:
- Valuation of a National architecture business for a shareholder oppression dispute;
- Review and consideration of the potential losses arising from alleged defective patent application for a National company operating in the building sector;
- Critique and analysis of an expert report underlying assumptions in a global dairy dispute leading to the Court determining the expert report could not be relied upon;
- Modelling of complex contractual agreement to assess performance against KPIs to determine compensation overpayment;
- Valuation of a global sporting goods manufacturer in multiple countries for family law proceedings;
- Fraud investigation of a luxury travel group for an insurance claim submission;
- Valuation of a family owned Nationally operated transport and logistics business; and
- Review and quantification of under reported wages for a global listed company.
This opportunity will allow you to join a well-established and supportive team of experts who will work with you on a wide range of forensic projects.
You will be encouraged to contribute to the forensic team locally and nationally on business development initiatives as well as building your own personal brand and network.
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and most importantly you will bring a client experience approach to your work. This role will suit someone with the following experience and attributes:
- Experience with preparing valuation reports and/or commercial loss and damage reports for disputes
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- CA/CPA qualification is desirable
- An eye for detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in forensic accounting with a desire to build a successful career
For the successful candidate we offer a defined and clear career path with extensive support, both within the team and within the broader firm environment.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and seek to harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our vibrant, down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment that empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership.
- Market-leading flexible working model.
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Leading market parental leave initiative and early access to long service leave
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend