Business Services Manager
Job no: 492884
Work type: Full time
Categories: Private Advisory/Business Services
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps organisations unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
With the current challenges facing businesses and our economy Grant Thornton understands and acknowledges that the landscape is changing for many businesses. Joining our Perth office we want to utilise your ability to respond to that change and thrive as we work with our growing, diverse and dynamic clients. Your technical knowledge, agile approach and capacity to build strong relationships will be valued and celebrated. Your work will range from managing daily operations, tax and compliance, to navigating a competitive landscape including strategies to grow our clients’ business.
Understanding how to grow our clients’ business means you will get involved in a broad range of activities that will include:
- Managing a portfolio offering a variety of dynamic clients, including significant privately owned businesses
- Developing, collaborating and inspiring your energetic and agile team
- Engaging in business development activities to enhance your portfolio
We will also provide you with the tools (our 6 box model) to change the conversation you are having with clients to ensure you understand their goals and can tailor the Grant Thornton service offering to their personal needs.
Skills and Experience
This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- At least 6 years’ experience in a CA environment with 6 to 12 months experience in a Manager’s role
- CA Qualified with a Commerce / Accounting / Finance degree or similar
- A focus on providing a compelling client experience for your portfolio of clients
- Highly analytical and big picture thinker with a commercial mindset
- Experience in coaching and managing team members and a motivation to inspire others
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to collaboratively work with and influence stakeholders at all levels of client organisations
- Demonstrated flexible, adaptable and innovative approach to complex problem solving
At Grant Thornton we operate in a flexible and agile environment and have a strong leadership culture that encourages our people to be authentic and consider how we can work effectively to enable strong personal growth and professional development. Our clients and our people are our focus and we work hard to ensure our people have the necessary tools and opportunities for growth and knowledge to truly make a difference and respond to our client’s needs. We want to work with you to support your drive and ambition but also help you to look at ways of approaching your role that you may not have considered before. Your ambition, strong work ethic and commercial acumen will be recognised and rewarded, and lead to a defined career pathway.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
If you’d like to know more or arrange a private and confidential discussion about this role, click Apply Now.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend