Senior Associate - Audit Adelaide
Job no: 492856
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
We have delivered outstanding and responsive support to our clients and people during this unprecedented time and are proud of how we have been able to adapt and work effectively. We work hard to ensure our people are connected and heard.
About the role
At Grant Thornton our audit process is more than a compliance measure, it is a business improvement tool that identifies and resolves critical issues and adds value to our clients. There is no hiding from the challenges 2020 has thrown up but our growth and capacity to gain new business highlights our strong leadership; that our strategic thinking and investment in technologies ensures we are effective and supports our capacity to deliver great results for our clients; and our capacity to work collaboratively and support each other as a team are not just words on our website but lived every day in the work we do.
Bring your 3-5 years of external audit experience and grow your career by providing the following support to a wide range of clients;
- Independent statutory audit of the financial reports of a wide variety of entities
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers
- Identifying and reporting on client financial risks
- Using your analytical skills to analyse clients’ financial statements and ensure they adhere to statutory requirements
- Research of difficult technical issues and application of issues to clients’ circumstances
- Liaison with our internal specialists regarding complex / technical audit related issues
- Timely communication with the team and our clients through various platforms
- Supervision and more importantly - coaching of junior team members
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and able to bring your experience and external audit skills to our team. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Audit & Assurance
- CA/CPA Qualification or other relevant overseas qualification
- Excellent relationship and client service skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of IFRS
- Strong communication skills
Culture and Benefits
At Grant Thornton we operate in a flexible and agile environment and have a strong leadership culture that encourages our people to be authentic and consider how we can work effectively to enable strong personal growth and professional development. Our clients and our people are our focus and we work hard to ensure our people have the necessary tools , opportunities for growth and technical knowledge to truly make a difference and respond to our client’s needs.
Some of the benefits include:
- An industry competitive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular social & networking events
- The salary range for this role will be AUD$65,000 to $80,000 per annum inclusive of superannuation, commensurate with experience
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend