Business Services Senior Accountant
Job no: 492854
Work type: Full time
Categories: Private Advisory/Business Services
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
Owners of private businesses face many challenges throughout the business lifecycle – from managing daily operations, tax and compliance, to navigating a competitive landscape and planning an exit strategy. Understanding how to grow our clients’ business means you will get involved in a broad range of activities including:
- Preparation of financial statements, tax returns, BAS, FBT and payroll tax returns for a broad range of clients from SMEs to large companies
- Assisting with tax and accounting advice
- Building relationships with clients
- Developing and supporting junior team members
- Monitoring, reviewing and liaising with clients regarding compliance requirements
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- At least 4 years' experience in business advisory services within a chartered accounting environment
- CA Qualified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Be able to work collaboratively with others and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Be highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
Only direct applications will be accepted (no agencies please). Please note that we have not engaged any recruitment agencies to represent us for this role.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend