Forensic Accounting Manager
Job no: 492839
Work type: Full time
Categories: Financial Advisory, Forensics
We are looking for a Manager to join our Forensic Consulting team in Brisbane. This role would suit someone looking to build on their existing skills and take their career to the next level. You will have the opportunity to apply your experience and expertise across a broad range of forensic engagements including business valuations, commercial loss and damage claims, insurance events and taxation disputes.
Highlights of our work in the last 12 months include:
- Review, investigation and restatement of the financial performance of a large fashion retailer for a shareholder dispute;
- Valuation of a large National digital and traditional marketing business for a shareholder dispute;
- Review of the financial performance of a luxury men’s fashion retailer arising from an insurable event, including the critical analysis of the opposing expert’s conclusions resulting in that report no longer being relied upon;
- Valuation of a large National equipment hire business for family law proceedings;
- Review and consideration of the taxation advice and practice management processes of Accountancy practices with respect to claims of professional negligence and the resulting losses;
- Valuation of a large motor vehicle dealership for a shareholders dispute;
- Assistance to a Government Authority in relation to the solvency and value of components of a complex business structure in relation to a scheme to avoid taxation liabilities;
- Critical analysis of the commercial losses arising from class action claims;
- Valuation of a family owned Nationally operated transport and logistics business; and
- Review and consideration of the value of significant shareholding and potential losses arising from alleged defamatory statements.
About the role
This opportunity will allow you to join a well-established and supportive team of experts who will work with you on a wide range of forensic projects.
You will be encouraged to contribute to the forensic team locally and nationally on business development initiatives as well as building your own personal brand and network.
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and most importantly you will bring a client experience approach to your work. This role will suit someone with the following experience and attributes:
- Experience with preparing valuation reports and/or commercial loss and damage reports for disputes
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- CA/CPA qualification is desirable
- An eye for detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in forensic accounting with a desire to build a successful career
For the successful candidate we offer a defined and clear career path with extensive support, both within the team and within the broader firm environment.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and seek to harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our vibrant, down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment that empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We are committed to offering a distinctive people experience. This means that all team members have the opportunity to explore working arrangements that support them to meet both their professional and personal commitments. Making for a happier, healthier life, this approach also enables you to feel and perform your best at work. Being flexible benefits our firm, our clients, and our people!
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend