Corporate Tax Associate / Senior Associate
Job no: 492836
Work type: Full time
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic Corporate Tax Associate or Senior Associate for our Melbourne office, this role will be offered on a permanent basis. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your experience and expertise in both formal and informal client engagements from across a variety of industries.
This opportunity will allow you to join a supportive and highly regarded team of experts who will empower you to gain a wide range of exposure including:
- Research and assist with tax advice and solutions to a diverse portfolio of corporate clients with a particular focus on complex tax matters, tax planning and tax structuring
- Assist with tax advice on asset acquisition, asset divestment and major transactions
- Assist with or lead the delivery of tax compliance services to a range of complex corporate clients, including the preparation of company tax returns and tax-effect accounting calculations
- Assist in delivering technical training
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and most importantly you will bring the right attitude to continue learning. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 18 months - 3 years’ of corporate tax compliance and consulting experience, ideally within a chartered accounting environment
- A business, commerce or law degree
- Commenced or soon to be completed CA, Master of Tax or similar qualification
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in their clients
- A self-starter, looking for the next challenge in their career
- Interest in a career of lifelong learning with a focus on developing your knowledge and skills in corporate tax advisory
- The ability to understand accounting concepts
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Market leading study support and flexible working environment
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
As we have an internal talent acquisition team, we politely request no recruitment agencies please.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend