R&D Taxes Associate or Senior Associate
Job no: 492823
Work type: Full time
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
Research and development is critical to growing and maintaining a successful business. Innovation can be an expensive pursuit. Our specialist Innovation Incentives team help our clients to make the most of their R&D investments through identifying eligible R&D activities, as well as supporting companies through reviews with the regulators and identifying and accessing grant programs. We are looking for an Associate/Senior Associate R&D Tax to join our Innovation Incentives team in Sydney.
About the role
This opportunity will allow you to join a supportive team of experts who are committed to the highest standards of technical expertise and will enable you to gain a wide range of advisory exposure including:
- Reviewing accounts, reviewing expenditures
- Technical writing
- Reviewing data and information
- Applying accounting concepts to maximise R&D expenditure acquired by our clients
- Regular travel across Australia (once restrictions lifted) to visit our clients in sectors including IT, infrastructure and aquaculture
- Looking for opportunities with new clients, regular networking
- Working closely with the Partner and close knit team
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A minimum of 12 months exposure in tax, ideally R&D tax incentives and Government Grants
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid client relationship and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in their clients
- A self-starter keen to develop an understanding of client needs and “figure out the why “
- Interest in a career of lifelong learning with a focus on developing your knowledge and skills in the R&D tax program
- A Finance/Commerce degree or a combined degree with science or engineering
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate outlook
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership
- Regular social activities
- Market leading study support
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
As we have an internal talent acquisition team, we politely request no recruitment agencies please.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend