Job no: 492753
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
At Grant Thornton we are a mid-tier firm and we work in an agile environment.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces our 7 signature behaviours. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work and blended learning environment.
We are proud to recognise our achievements in supporting a diverse people community including LGBTI and Inclusion.
As an Associate you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with our internal team from Associates to Partners from audit planning to field work;
- End to end execution of the External Audit for various clients, both private and listed companies, including identifying and reporting financial risks;
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers, utilising and applying the firm’s audit methodology approach with support of senior team members;
- Working in a team environment to help meet deadlines and ensure key deliverables are met in a timely manner. It is a fast paced working environment!
Skills and experience
As an auditor starting to consolidate and develop your skills we encourage you to bring your whole-self to work. To be successful in this role we see you adding value to our client’s business by having the following experience and attributes:
- 1-2 years external audit experience ideally from either a Big 4 or mid-tier professional services firm with experience auditing in financial services ideal
- An interest in continuing to specialise in Financial Services - banking as your client base
- Commenced your CA/ACCA qualification or equivalent
- A client centric approach to your work with a curiosity to understand your clients business and add value
- Demonstrated good understanding of regulatory reporting for APRA
- Demonstrated good understanding of constant flow of new regulatory change in the industry
- Good project and time management skills – ability to handle multiple priorities and projects, organise work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative and consultative approach in working with diverse stakeholders
- The confidence to problem solve business risk and testing
- Auditing experience within the banking industry as well, however, not essential
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents.
We recognise the importance of being flexible and work in an agile work environment, where we see you work closely with our clients and build relationships with stakeholders from day one.
- The starting salary for this role is $60,000 per annum inclusive of superannuation. Negotiable pending on experience.
- Free annual gym membership to keep you flexible, fit, and healthy
- CA support and mentoring, including study masterclasses
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Leading market parental leave initiative and early access to long service leave
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend