Senior Associate Business Risk Services
Job no: 492744
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management Consulting
About the company
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. We help companies unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice. With a Client Centric focus our approachable partners, use insights, experience and instinct to understand complex issues for their privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients.
Our Business Risk Services team has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Associate who can share our passion for our clients and culture.
About the role
This role is responsible for delivering compliance, business process review and internal audit client projects with the support of senior team members.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver Business Risk Service engagements, consistent with industry and professional standards, on time and within set budgets which includes Risk Management, Internal Audit, Compliance, and independent end to end process assignments
- Supervise junior team members on technical and professional areas including the review of scope, working papers, and reports
- Maintain collaborative and effective working relationship with clients and key stakeholders
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement (i.e. interviews) to obtain sound understanding of key systems, controls and processes to assess from both risk mitigation and efficiency viewpoint
- Identifying and reporting on client risks in relation to their internal financial systems and processes to ensure compliance with legislation
- Identifying potential areas requiring improvement in client business processes and providing recommendations with support of engagement manager
- Producing client deliverables including drafting reports for management review
- Assisting Managers with co-ordination of engagements, including preparation of scoping documents and setting meetings with stakeholders
- Delivery of projects to ensure objectives are met and engagements are delivered within budget and to a high quality.
- Some travel may be required.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ business risk, business process review or internal audit experience (Financial, Compliance and Operational reviews)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Professional individual with a client focussed attitude and commitment
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge of new information
- Sound understanding on control documentation and assessment
- Business process mapping, review and improvement through facilitation and documentation
- Demonstrated skills in managing risk across complex projects amongst various client engagements
- Ability to supervise, mentor and develop more junior team members
- Proficient in full MS suite (Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents.
We recognise the importance of being flexible and work in an agile work environment, where we see you work closely with our clients and build relationships with stakeholders from day one.
- Free annual gym membership
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Leading market parental leave initiative and early access to long service leave
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
If you’d like to know more or arrange a private and confidential discussion about this role, click Apply Now.
Only direct applications will be accepted (no agencies please). Please note that we have not engaged any recruitment agencies to represent us for this role.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend