Job no: 492715
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
Grant Thornton assists companies unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice. With a client centric focus our approachable partners use insights, experience and instinct to understand complex issues for their privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment, which empowers our people to succeed within a social and collaborative work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs. This role is offered on a full time, five day per week basis however flexible options can be discussed with the successful applicant.
About the role
As a Manager in our Audit & Assurance in Adelaide team your impact will be seen by:
- Establishing audit objectives and managing a team of auditors to complete an effective audit process;
- Researching, identifying and reporting on client financial risks with regard to external financial reporting requirements;
- Executing and delivering on a variety of external audit client engagements in an effective and methodical manner;
- Preparing high-quality audit reports and related documentation;
- Managing and mentoring team members on each project engagement team to continually develop the team’s skills and experience;
- Building successful client relationships with a positive “can do” attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities;
- Working closely with internal teams, as well as clients to identify business development opportunities that will add value to our client’s business.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4+ years’ audit experience ideally from a mid-tier or Big 4 professional services firm;
- Must be CA qualified or hold similar relevant overseas qualification;
- Experience in leading, motivating and empowering a team of auditors
- Strong communication and consultation skills enabling you to deal directly and effectively with company owners / CEOs / CFOs and other stakeholders;
- Strong project management skills – ability to manage competing priorities at the one time and delivery engagements in a timely manner;
- Problem solving and analytical skills to provide effective solutions for our clients and prevent risk;
- Collaborative and consultative approach to working with diverse internal stakeholders from Associates up to Partners;
- Excellent business development skills enabling you to build strong relationships and identify opportunities in our client’s business;
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, Australian Auditing Standards, ASX Listing Rules and Corporation Act requirements would be advantageous;
- Experience using Voyager Audit software would be a distinct advantage.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free gym membership
- Regular social events
The minimum annual salary for this role is $100,000 inclusive of superannuation, commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have opportunity to develop their career in Audit and progress within the firm according to our Clear Careers structure.
If you’d like to know more or arrange a private and confidential discussion about this role, click Apply Now.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team onGTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend