Business Improvement Accountant
Job no: 492702
Work type: Full time
Categories: Private Advisory/Business Services
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
If you are a client facing Business Services Accountant looking for a change, this role is an opportunity to apply and develop your skills and experience in a new and challenging way.
This is a national support role, working with key members of our Private Advisory (PA) team to help improve processes and systems by contributing to the development and support of standard procedures, policies, training and quality control matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and training of new PA processes, systems and procedures, including attending to day to day queries from the PA team.
- Provide support and address day to day issues and queries relating to software including Xero, MYOB AE, CAS and iManageDevelop and maintain PA training guides, policies, manuals, communications and templates, and ensure all documentation and knowledge systems are maintained and updated regularly.
- Assist in quality control and training matters including review of quality control requirements set by CAANZ and other governing authorities, advise on implications on PA processes, and co-ordinate PA Internal quality control reviews and staff training.
- Coordinate, organise and follow up meetings and structured workshops including, meeting notes, communications, data and information requirements
- Assist with the management and implementation of various projects including:
- Undertake data analysis for various project requirements
- Review and document current and future “to-be” processes
- Preparation and analysis of various documentation and reports including project status reports, business cases, request for proposals.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to perform analysis and gather required information
- Work closely with all PA team members, our IT team and other support services.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary Qualification in Accounting / Commerce or similar
- A minimum of 2 years experience within a professional or accounting firm, ideally within the Private Advisory, Business Services or Tax area.
- Data analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to use and interpret information from multiple systems/sources
- Experience in using MYOB AE preferred
- Understanding of systems used in a professional services/accounting business
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Communication skills for interaction with diverse and senior stakeholders
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- Exciting career opportunity
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend