Accountant/Bookkeeper Indigenous Advisory
Job no: 492700
Work type: Full time
Categories: Financial Advisory
Grant Thornton Australia is growing and we have a career opportunity for an experienced Accountant / Bookkeeper to join our Indigenous Advisory team in our Cairns office.
Grant Thornton is one of the world's leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. We have more than 1,160 people working in offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. We combine service breadth, depth of expertise and industry insight with an approachable ‘client first’ mindset and a broad commercial perspective.
Grant Thornton has over 400 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients nationally and has a genuine commitment to working in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and businesses. We are currently expanding the services and value we bring to our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and this presents a unique opportunity for someone to join us who shares our passion for this work.
About the role
This is a full time role based in our Cairns office and part of our growing Indigenous Advisory service line. Working closely with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients you will identify new opportunities and tailor our services to meet the needs of our clients. The role requires a deep understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and the challenges and opportunities facing our clients.
Ideally, you will have experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community organisations. You will be involved a broad range of activities including:
- Building relationships with clients
- Monitoring, reviewing and liaising with clients regarding compliance requirements
- Using a technology platform that is leading edge amongst all firms across Australia
- Preparation of basic financial statements and tax lodgements
- General client work in MYOB, Quicken or Xero, including data entry, transaction coding, reconciliations (bank, debtors, creditors and GST) and payroll functions
- Expense claim reconciliation and monthly client invoicing
- Payroll processing for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community organisations.
Skills and experience
You will be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- At least 2 years’ experience in business advisory services within a chartered accounting environment
- Have completed or be in the process of completing the CA qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth environment, which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- CA support
- Regular social events
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend