Data Management Consultant
Job no: 492682
Work type: Casual / Temp
Categories: Information Technology
About the company
At Grant Thornton, our people are empowered to make a real difference. Each day, our people are shaping growth strategies for our clients, and they’re influencing our firm’s culture and future. We want our people to have a voice and the satisfaction of delivering high-quality outcomes in everything they do.
We are growing and continuing our transition through a major core systems transformation program that will revolutionise the way the firm engages internally and with clients to deliver industry-leading solutions. We’ve implemented an integrated platform of applications (Salesforce, iManage, LiSN and Marketo) in the past 12 months that is designed to deliver value through the power of leveraging data to provide insights. We are now seeking a data management consultant to provide an external perspective and help recommend a data management framework to ensure the realisation of expected benefits and value from our investment.
About the role
We want you to provide an objective view of our current state, understand our goals as we transition to a data-driven organisation, and recommend a practically achievable data management framework and implementation plan. We want you to be mindful to leverage what has already been developed with minimal business disruption and consultation. The outcomes we’re seeking are:
- Advise on industry best practice and what represents a ‘right-size’ data management framework suitable for GTAL
- Recommend an ideal data management framework and operating model for GTAL including structure, roles and responsibilities, data taxonomy, ownership and governance practices
- Design a detailed approach for all phases and implementation plan including best practices to ensure business engagement
- Provide tools, templates and measures to assist with the ongoing operation of the data management model
- Provide recommendations on the change management required to facilitate a shift in culture to “respect data” and raise accountability for the quality and accuracy of data being recorded
Skills and experience
Ideally you’ll have:
- Previous experience on similar business value-led data management projects (ideally in professional services)
- Experience in articulating the value of data management efforts to senior stakeholders
- Experience with capturing uses of data and mapping / linking data elements through to business value to help quantify improvements in data quality
- Experience with data management in Salesforce
- Knowledge of leading data management, data quality and data governance practices and issues related to management of enterprise information
- Understanding of potential cultural challenges around data management and best practice for driving business engagement
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend