Restructuring Advisory Senior Associate
Job no: 492664
Work type: Full time
Categories: Financial Advisory
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a range of corporate insolvency engagements, designing innovative and commercial solutions and working in conjunction with a variety of external stakeholders including business owners, investors and lenders in a diverse range of industries. This role would suit a Senior Associate seeking a new challenge.
Working closely with the firm’s partners and senior management team, who are industry leaders within their field, key areas of involvement will include:
- Carriage of your own matters with support from senior team members
- Preparation of creditor reports, Administrator’s Reports, Liquidator’s Statutory Reports and Investigative Accounting Reports
- Liaising with stakeholders including creditors and employees
- Assisting senior team members with the trading of various businesses including preparation of cash flow forecasts, calculating employee entitlements and overseeing supplier/customer accounts
- Assisting senior team members with complex investigations including source and application of funds and forensic tracing exercises
- Building your network from the start and getting involved in BD opportunities
Skills and experience
You will be agile, responsive and intuitive. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience within an insolvency team
- Be currently completing CA/CPA or already completed
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- A willingness to learn and work as part of a team
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Free annual gym membership
- If you’re social we have an awesome social club!
- CA support and mentoring, including study masterclasses
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Leading market parental leave initiative and early access to long service leave
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
- Salary $70000 AUD
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend