Job no: 492655
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
At Grant Thornton we are a mid-tier firm and we work in an agile environment.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces our 7 signature behaviours. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work and blended learning environment.
We are proud to recognise our achievements in supporting a diverse people community including LGBTI and Inclusion.
About the role
In this role, you will use Grant Thornton’s proprietary global audit methodology, the latest technology to drive an efficient and effective audit process. As a senior associate you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with internal team from associate to Partner from audit planning to field work
- End to end planning and execution of the External Audit for various clients, both private and listed companies, including identifying and reporting financial risks
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers, utilising and applying the firm’s audit methodology approach
- Working in a team environment to help meet deadlines and ensure key deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Coach and mentor junior members in the team and help them grow within their role as an Auditor
Skills and experience
As an experienced auditor, we encourage you to bring your whole-self to work. To be successful in this role we see you adding value to our client’s business by having the following experience and attributes:
- 2-3 years external audit experience ideally from either a Big 4 or mid-tier professional services firm
- Commenced your CA/ACCA qualification or equivalent, or be close to completion
- A client centric approach to your work with a curiosity to understand your clients business
- Good project and time management skills – ability to handle multiple priorities and projects, organise work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative and consultative approach with working with diverse stakeholders from Associates up to Partners
- The confidence to problem solve business risk and testing
- US GAAP/ SOX experience will be highly regarded
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents.
We recognise the importance of being flexible and work in an agile work environment, where we see you work closely with our clients and build relationships with stakeholders from day one.
- The minimum salary for this role is $70,000AUD per annum inclusive of superannuation. Salary is negotiable pending on relevant demonstrated experience.
- Free annual gym membership to keep you flexible, fit, and healthy
- CA support and mentoring, including study masterclasses
- Blended and continuous learning approach that will see you develop personally and professionally
- Leading market parental leave initiative and early access to long service leave
- Become involved in various environmental and social committees that you are passionate about
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend