Quality and Excellence Manager - Financial Advisory
Job no: 492652
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Australia wide
Categories: Financial Advisory
About the company
Grant Thornton Australia has more than 1,300 people working in offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. We combine service breadth, depth of expertise and industry insight with an approachable “client first” mind-set and a broad commercial perspective. Our organisational values are underpinned by our seven signatures behaviours: Be Courageous; Be Authentic; Be Entrepreneurial; Be Client Centric; Be Empowered; Be Collaborative; and Celebrate and Have Fun!
We have a new opportunity for a Quality and Excellence Manager to join our Financial Advisory Quality team based in Melbourne or Sydney.
In this critical national role, as part of a small dynamic team, you will ensure technical excellence within the financial advisory (including corporate finance) practice by producing external and internal technical materials (guidance, alerts, thought leadership pieces, training materials). You will drive quality and excellence through training, systems and processes.
Ideally you will be from a corporate finance background with a strong compliance knowledge (AFSL) and an understanding of financial advice to wholesale clients.
About the role
- Promote development of Service line risk management, compliance and quality best practice
- Promote a culture that fosters quality, risk and compliance in the conduct of our business
- Actively contribute to firm wide initiatives and manage roll out of firm wide quality and excellence initiatives
- Manage the internal quality control review framework for corporate finance
- Manage risk assessment improvement actions to completion and prepare and provide progress reports
Skills and experience
- Chartered Accountant or similar professional qualification with relevant degree qualification
- Proficiency in corporate finance with a background in professional services, law or banking
- Extensive compliance experience with an understanding of ASFL requirements
- Experience in managing risk and compliance issues
- Proven negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- Industry leading paid parental leave (6 months)
- Early access to Long Service Leave (first corporate in Australia to introduce this)
- Flex-appeal – all of our people can work flexibly, we mean it!
- CA support
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend