Transaction Advisory Manager or Senior Manager (Corporate Finance)
Job no: 492651
Work type: Full time
Categories: Financial Advisory
About the company
Grant Thornton Australia has more than 1,300 people working in offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. We combine service breadth, depth of expertise and industry insight with an approachable “client first” mind-set and a broad commercial perspective. Our organisational values are underpinned by our seven signatures behaviours: Be Courageous; Be Authentic; Be Entrepreneurial; Be Client Centric; Be Empowered; Be Collaborative; and Celebrate and Have Fun!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager or Senior Manager to join our Transaction Advisory Services team in Sydney. Transaction Advisory Services forms part of the broader Corporate Finance team dedicated to M&A, Valuations, Transactions and Financial Modelling. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing all phases of financial due diligence on M&A transactions and Investigating Accountant engagements on stock exchange listings across a mixture of industries.
You will have a minimum 5 + years’ experience (with preference to a substantial proportion of which in in transaction/ corporate finance services).
About the role
- Plan, execute, direct and complete vendor and buy side financial due diligence for financial and corporate strategic buyers from a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, non-profit, high-tech, real estate, and financial services;
- Manage client engagements throughout the transaction process, and coordinate the work performed by multiple service lines and cross-functional teams;
- Working alongside an experienced team on larger transactions, you will be responsible for managing the production of the financial due diligence report as well as coaching, supervising and reviewing the work of junior members of the team
- Lead question & answer sessions with target businesses and their advisors;
- Liaise with transaction stakeholders including the client, target, lawyers, bankers and other advisors;
- Prepare reports for due diligence and Investigating Accountant reports including drafting the executive summary;
- Monitor completion of work to ensure both time and budgetary constraints are met and lead completion meetings with clients;
- Sales and Purchase Agreement support;
- Beginning to seek out business development opportunities.
- Participating in new client proposal situations as instructed.
- Suggests innovative selling solutions whilst pro-actively identifying cross-selling opportunity
- Takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation at board level.
- Manages many complex client relationships.
- Ensures client needs are met in a way that is advantageous to both the client and the firm.
Skills and experience
- Degree qualified with CA or CPA
- Previous experience in Transaction Advisory ideally within professional services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Proven negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to build client relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- A broad cross section of industry experience
- Managerial experience
- Experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing reports
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- The minimum salary for this role is $120,000 AUD per annum inclusive of superannuation
- Free annual gym membership
- Regular social activities
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend