Job no: 492650
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
About the company
At Grant Thornton we are a mid-tier firm and we work in an agile environment located in the heart of Sydney CBD.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces our 7 signature behaviours. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work and blended learning environment.
We are proud to recognise our achievements in supporting a diverse people community including LGBTI and Inclusion.
About the role
As a Manager in our Sydney Audit & Assurance team your impact will be seen by:
- Establishing audit objectives and managing a team of auditors to complete an effective audit process
- Identifying and reporting on client financial risks with regard to external financial reporting requirements
- Executing and delivering on a variety of external audit client engagements in an effective and methodical manner
- Preparing high-quality audit reports and related documentation
- Managing and mentoring team members on each project engagement team to continually develop the team’s skills and experience
- Building successful client relationships with a positive “can do” attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities
- Researching difficult audit technical issues and become a trusted advisor to our clients
- Working closely with internal teams, as well as clients to identify business development opportunities that will add value to our client’s business
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 4+ years’ audit experience ideally from a mid-tier professional services firm
- Must be CA/CPA qualified or similar relevant overseas qualification
- Excellent client development skills who can identify opportunities in our client’s business
- Strong project management skills – ability to manage competing priorities at the one time and delivery engagements in a timely manner
- Has a knack for problem solving and using your analytical skills to provide an effective solution for our client and prevent risk
- Collaborative and consultative approach with working with diverse stakeholders from Associates up to Partners
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, Australian Auditing Standards, ASX Listing Rules and Corporation Act requirements would be advantageous
- Sound understanding of changes in regulations amongst the financial services sector and the impact to financial services clients (locally & globally)
- Experienced with working closely with Financial Services and Banking clients is essential
- Experience with auditing systems such as Voyager and LEAP will be highly looked upon
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
Strong career development will be provided to the successful candidate as well as opportunities to progress within the firm.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- The salary range for this role is $95,000 to $110,000 per annum inclusive of superannuation pending on demonstrated relevant experience
- Free annual gym membership
- Regular social events
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend