Our vacation experience program will give you the opportunity to begin your career well before you finish your degree, offering you a unique insight into our business and the opportunity to experience what it’s like to provide advisory and consulting services to clients at one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
With the opportunity to work in one of our core service lines, the vacation experience program will see you working alongside industry leaders to support some of Australia’s most dynamic leading and emerging businesses.
As a vacationer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
• Work on real client engagements
• Get involved in our committees and clubs
• Receive mentoring and feedback sessions with your assigned coach
• Attend regular networking events and social activities
• Participate in projects with a social/community impact
Taking place over 4-6 weeks, our vacation experience program is open to penultimate students who are undertaking either undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
We predominantly recruit our graduates through our vacation experience program – so a successful vacationer experience could also fast-track you to a graduate offer!
You will join a supportive team who are committed to the highest standards of technical expertise and will enable you to gain a wide range of advisory exposure including:
- Preparation of company tax returns, including consolidated company tax returns for a wide range of corporate clients
- Preparation of tax-effect accounting calculations
- Assisting with tax due diligence, structuring advice and advisory work
- Research and assisting with tax consulting advice (such as tax consolidation, tax treaties, international tax, withholding taxes)
This role will suit someone with either a Business, Commerce or Law Degree who has strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent communication skills as well as a strong work ethic and a genuine interest in helping their clients. You will also be a self-starter with the ability to understand basic accounting concepts.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for driven, well-rounded candidates who connect with our clients, our purpose and our culture and want to make an impact right from the start.
In addition to studying towards a relevant qualification, we’re looking for people who are curious, ambitious and who value the things we value:
- We empower our people to make a difference. We want our people to think for themselves, to speak up, and to actively shape our firm’s culture and future.
- We genuinely care about our clients. As part of our work, we discover what’s important to them and enjoy helping them succeed.
- We want our people to bring their whole selves to work. Individuality and authenticity are very important to our firm.
- We highly value collaboration. We believe that it’s energising and stimulating to collaborate – to learn from and be inspired by others. We believe that diverse teams will always outperform the individual.
To be eligible for our vacationer program opportunities, you must be:
- in your penultimate year of study (i.e. 2nd year of a 3 year degree, 3rd year of a 4 year degree, etc); and
- currently on a pathway to being CA eligible
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident
Applications close at 11.55pm AEST on Friday, 29 October 2021. Positions are limited so apply early to avoid disappointment.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to assist you throughout the recruitment process, please contact Angela Tiet, Graduate Recruitment Business Partner on 03 8663 6584 or at GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com to discuss your application and your individual needs.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our people, Grant Thornton has a policy in place requiring all team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have a valid exemption, in order to work onsite in our workplaces and client premises.