Indirect Tax Manager
Job no: 492647
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
After the successful establishment of our State Taxes Practice (stamp duty and land tax) earlier this year, we have a newly created opportunity for an Indirect Tax Manager or Indirect Tax Senior Associate with a preference for Sydney or Melbourne. Depending on the candidate, the role would either primarily focus on State Taxes or a mixture of State Taxes and GST. This role sits within our National Specialist Tax (“NST”) team, a national team that supports clients in a wide variety of industries with the delivery of a range of indirect tax services across GST, State Taxes and Fuel Tax Credits. The NST team sits in all of the Grant Thornton major offices and the role will cover all States.
This opportunity will allow you to join a well-established and supportive team of experts who are committed to the highest standards of technical expertise and insist on excellent client service. We understand that talented people drive our successes and this role will enable you to gain a wide range of advisory exposure, working directly with our State Taxes Partner on a large number of advisory projects. The role covers:
- Providing indirect tax consulting and advisory support on a multitude of engagements across a number of industry sectors such as real estate and construction, financial services, energy and resources, public sector, health and aged care and not-for-profit.
- Driving growth, leveraging your internal and external networks
- Reviewing and implementing processes
- Promoting the use of technology solutions across the NST business stream
- Contributing with ideas and being given the freedom to truly innovate
- Managing and maintaining quality control on assignments and projects
- Making a positive difference in the wider firm and our community
Skills and experience
- 3+ years post admission/qualification experience in taxation, particularly State Taxes
- A Bachelor's degree in Law, Accounting or Commerce
- Excellent analytical and technical skills as well as well-rounded written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- High level of agility with the ability to bring innovative ideas to the table ensuring we deliver the technical capability into existing and new markets, ensuring a first rate experience for our clients and people
- Tax accounting/technology skills would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required and an ability to travel as work assignments require.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- CA support
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend