Job no: 492621
Work type: Full time
Categories: Private Advisory/Business Services
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
You will get involved a broad range of activities including:
- General client work including data entry, transaction coding, reconciliations (bank, debtors, creditors, GST reconciliations) and payroll functions
- Setup of client files including backup and rollover of general ledgers, work papers and Income Tax Returns
- Australian Statutory Compliance work under the direction of a Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant, which may include preparation of basic Financial Statements and Income Tax Returns
- Preparation of complete and accurate work papers to support client financial and Tax Return balances
- Other back-office functions as required
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Client focussed with good relationship building skills
- Knowledge of MYOB AE and/or MYOB Small Business Products are beneficial but not essential
- Diploma in accounting / TAFE qualification (as a minimum) preferred
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- Flexible work options
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend