Job no: 492619
Work type: Full time
Categories: Private Advisory/Business Services
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
You will get involved a broad range of activities including:
- Australian Statutory Compliance work under the direction of a CA or CPA, which may include: Financial statement preparation and Basic Taxation returns, setup of client files including backup and rollover of general ledgers, work papers etc
- General client work including data entry, transaction coding, reconciliations (bank, debtors, creditors, GST reconciliations)
- Preparation of complete and accurate work papers to support client financial balances and tax return balances
- Skype, email, telephone and face-to-face contact with extended GTAL PA team
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Financial Compliance type work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest contributing to the growth of our business
- Knowledge of MYOB AE and/or MYOB Small Business Products a plus
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Word for Windows and Excel
- Diploma in accounting / TAFE qualification preferred.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- CA support
- Regular social events
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend