Job no: 492608
Work type: Full time
Categories: Private Advisory/Business Services
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
- Preparation and administration of Financial Statements, Annual return, Members statements of SMSF including trustee minutes, s290-170 notices
- Preparation and administration of SMSF BAS, IAS and PAYG payment summaries
- Competent in establishing a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund
- Liaise with our external auditors and other bodies such as the Australian Taxation Office, ASIC
- Provide assistance with training junior team members where required
- Providing advice to colleagues and escalating any SIS compliance issues to assigned Manager or Partner
- Assisting the wider Private Advisory team with the preparation of SOA’s (statement of advice)
- Building strong relationships with our clients, peers and team and working collaboratively to deliver what is required
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within SMSF and display technical capabilities
- Studying towards a CA/CPA qualification
- Experience and expertise of Class Super software
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong client centricity
- Ability to work independently and deliver to agreed deadlines with a results driven approach and a good work ethic
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy with a can-do attitude
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- CA support
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend