Job no: 492572
Work type: Full time
Categories: Audit and Assurance
At Grant Thornton, our audit process is more than a compliance measure. At the heart of our approach is the belief that our robust, independent audits deliver actionable insights and add substantial value for our clients. We are fiercely independent. We work with ASX-listed companies, privately owned businesses and Not for Profits and take the time to understand the organisation, including its profit drivers and key risks.
We are looking for an Audit & Assurance Manager. In this role, you will use Grant Thornton’s proprietary global audit methodology, the latest technology to drive an efficient and effective audit process which will enable you to gain a wide range of assurance exposure including:
- Independent statutory audit of the financial reports of a wide variety of entities including public listed and unlisted companies, proprietary companies, incorporated associations and other not-for-profit entities and government bodies
- Establish audit objectives and manage a team of auditors to complete an effective audit process
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers
- Identify and report on client financial risks with regard to external financial reporting requirements
- Research of difficult technical issues and application of issues to clients’ circumstances
- Liaison across all divisions of the firm regarding audit related issues and identifying opportunities to cross-sell
- Telephone and face-to-face contact with clients
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 5+ years experience in Audit & Assurance
- CA/CPA qualification or equivalent
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, Australian Auditing Standards, ASX Listing Rules and Corporation Act requirements would be advantageous
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment which empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
Strong career development will be provided to the successful candidate as well as opportunities to progress within the firm.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
The salary range for this role is $104,000AUD to $113,000AUD per annum inclusive of superannuation
If you’d like to know more or arrange a private and confidential discussion about this role, click Apply Now.
Only direct applications will be accepted (no agencies please).
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team onGTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend